Yoga is a great way to get in exercise without pushing too far, and it’s also great for mindfulness.
Roll out the yoga mats and try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMRb10LtGM
Why not set up a game of hopscotch?
Use a bean bag to toss onto the squares of the hopscotch area.
Alternatively, you can use chalk to mark one out in your garden or you can buy hopscotch mats online.
Bean bag toss
Set up a target and have your children toss bean bags into it.
You can have bowls (each worth a different point value), use a box with cuts holes in it, or you could set up a store-bought bean bag toss game.
Best for those that either have a lot of indoor space or have a garden.
Captain, yes captain
This one can involve everyone in the family - and the more who can play, the better.
To play, you first select a “captain”.
The captain yells out orders and the crew have to follow the orders.
Here are the orders:
- Bow: Run to the front of the boat (front of room)
- Stern: Run to the back of the boat (back of room)
- Port: Run to the left side of the boat
- Starboard: Run to the right side of the boat.
- Hit the deck: Lay down on your stomach
- Salute: Salute and yell, “Aye, aye captain!”
- Scrub the deck: Drop to your knees and pretend to scrub the floor.
- Captain’s quarters: Everyone ran towards the captain.
- SHARK!: Everyone must run to a designated base. The last player to the base is eliminated.